The Knowsley stop smoking service offers a range of different free services to suit you; One-to-one support a private appointment with a stop smoking advisor. Various locations and times are available. Drop-Ins require no appointment and are local and convenient for busy lives. One-to-one telephone support at a time that suits you. Pregnant smokers and their family.
We run a personalised pregnancy service, offering home visits or group attendance. We can support a pregnant woman and her family. NRT is available to use and your specialist advisor will provide advice and guidance to help you achieve your desired goal to make life healthier for you and your baby. Call 0151 426 7462 or speak to your midwife today.
Young Persons Service for our young people across the Borough, we have special trained advisors who work across many young person's settings including schools and colleges. The service provided is free, confidential and non-judgmental, it is personalised for your needs.
If you as a young person would like more advice or you're a parent/guardian seeking advice please call 0151 426 7462 or alternatively speak to your school nurse or mentor.'
Pharmacy Stop Smoking Service; Our pharmacy stop smoking service is offered in over 30 locations across the borough. The service offers practical and convenient support on a one-to-one basis to suit your needs and help you quit. Call into your local pharmacy or call 0800 324 7111 for a full pharmacy stop smoking service timetable.
Acute Services; we have dedicated Hospital stop smoking advisors supporting patients, visitors and staff on site at Whiston Hospital. We can help you stop before your operation and also support you throughout your stay. We provide FREE non-judgmental, friendly, professional support and guidance and we will offer to refer you on to your local stop smoking services for continued support.
Staff, visitors and outpatients can also visit the 2nd floor (facing the lifts near maternity) in Whiston Hospital to receive support and advice. No appointment is needed - just walk in. Tuesday 3:00pm-4:30pm, Friday 9:30am–11:00pm.
Digital Services; if you don't feel like you have the time to walk in to one of our clinics or Pharmacies then take full advantage of our digital services. You can quit via text message or email. It really is as simple as that. We offer a 12 week programme with support in the comfort of your own home at a time that suits you. Nicotine replacement therapy is available via your choice of pharmacy in Knowsley. If you want to quit and register for our digital services: Text 'KNOWSLEY' to 61825* to use our quit buddy text messaging stop smoking service (*normal network rates apply) or Sign up at www.readytostopsmoking.co.uk to quit using our quit online email stop smoking service.
- Unit 16, Chapel Brook Trade Park, Wilson Road, Huyton, Liverpool, L36 6FH (directions displayed on map)
- City Health Care Partnership
- Service Type:
- Support services
- What groups of people is this for?:
- Homeless people
- Black and minority ethnic people
- Asylum seekers and refugees
- Gypsy and traveller community
- How can I access this service?:
- One-to-One Drop-in Support ,Group Support,The Quit Online Programme,Quit Buddy,To find your nearest stop smoking service visit www.readytostopsmoking.co.uk or telephone 0800 3 247 111 or you can email email@example.com
- When is this activity on?:
- http://www.readytostopsmoking.co.uk click link inset postcode to find nearest venue
- How much will it cost me?:
- Will I have to wait to access this?:
- Serviced can be accessed 24 7 via 0800 3 247 111
- What should I expect?:
- -We offer a high standard of service with trained stop smoking advisors-We offer a friendly professional support and guidance throughout their quit attempt.-There may be a waiting time if clinics are busy , individual appointments or consultations usually take around 10 minutes (the first session may take a little longer) and we see clients in order of arrival - The advisor will discuss Nicotine Replacement Therapy and other medications to help with their quit attempt. Monotherapy or combination therapy is available, free prescriptions available for eligible clients- Each week client will be asked to do a carbon monoxide (co) reading, an advisor will discuss this in more detail- Continuing to smoke whilst using nicotine replacement therapy supported by Smokefree Knowsley during a quit attempt may result in further NRT vouchers not being issued- We expect to see clients for their full quota which could be anything between 12 and 16 weeks, which gives the best chance of quitting successfully unless they are receiving telephone or online support
- Council Area:
This page was last updated on 27 April 2018
This page was last updated on 27 April 2018
- Contact Name:
- James O'Neill
- Operational Service Lead
- Unit 16, Chapel Brook Trade Park, Wilson Road, Huyton, Liverpool, L36 6FH
- 0151 426 7462
There's nothing coming up in the near future.View More...